Those Who Want Legal Advice About Estates, Trusts, and Guardianship
Are you an Executor (or an Estate Trustee) who:
- isn’t sure where to start?
- has beneficiaries demanding their inheritances right away?
- is wondering how to deal with a trust?
Are you a trustee of a Henson trust or any other type of trust and:
- have questions about what you can do with trust money?
- aren’t sure what kind of record-keeping you must do?
- are wondering when and how much you can pay out of the trust and to whom?
- would like to ‘pass the torch’ to someone else but don’t know how?
Is your elderly parent or other relative failing fast or already deeply into dementia or Alzheimers and you’re wondering:
- can she or he still sign a power of attorney?
- if there isn’t a power of attorney, how will the bills get paid?
- who can make decisions right now about medical treatment or placement in long-term care?
Are you an attorney under a power of attorney and want to:
- get advice about your responsibilities?
- know if you can be paid for the work that you are doing?
- understand what information you’re allowed to share and with whom?
Do you have a child or other family member with a disability who:
- is receiving an inheritance and might lose their ODSP benefits?
- is the beneficiary of a Henson trust and you have questions about how the trust is being handled?
- might qualify for the disability tax credit but you’re wondering if it’s worth the hassle to apply?
To find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Donna’s Simplified Estate Accounting book, please click here.
Lawyers Who Draft Wills and Powers of Attorney for Clients
Are you an Ontario lawyer drafting wills and powers of attorney for your clients?
Would you like to be able to draft (or have your assistant draft) comprehensive wills (including multiple wills) and powers of attorney quickly and easily with fewer errors?
Would you like to type (or have staff type) client data into your software once and use it multiple times to draft a variety of documents and correspondence?
Are you frustrated with the will drafting software you’re using because it offers few options and doesn’t produce comprehensive drafts?
Do you copy Word documents you drafted for a previous client to draft wills and powers of attorney for a new client?
* System requirements: Microsoft® Word, HotDocs, Windows 7 or later
Conference or Workshop Organizer Looking for an Engaging Speaker
Are you looking for an engaging speaker for a business ‘lunch and learn’, community organization or family support group? As an experienced speaker and a former teacher, I can explain complex issues in plain, easily understood language.
Do you or members of your community group have close relatives with disabilities and would like to know how the law about trusts, guardianship, wills and estates impacts you and the person with a disability? As I have close relatives with disabilities, I know first-hand the concerns that families and individuals have in dealing with disabilities. I can offer practical advice in dealing with those concerns.
Are you or others in your group thinking about a late-life career change? I became a lawyer at the age of 50 after previous successful careers, first as a teacher and then as a consultant in the high tech industry. I love sharing my stories which will inspire anyone considering a career change later in life.
Some of the many topics I have spoken:
- What the sandwich generation needs to know about ‘getting your affairs in order’
- The Top 10 Things You Need to Know if You Are Named in a Power of Attorney Document
- Charitable Giving that Benefits Your Estate and the Charity You Want to Help
- Protecting the Ones We Love: An Estate Planning Workshop
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Guardianship – As a Caregiver, What Should You Know?
- Planning for the Future When a Family Member Has a Disability
- Estate Planning for your Loved Ones and for Your Peace of Mind
- Understanding Adult Guardianship: What Parents of a Child with a Disability Need to Know
To find out more, email us at email@example.com or call Donna at 613-851-5590.
Executive Rental or Short-Term Vacation Home
Looking for a furnished house that’s “just like home” for a short-term vacation or as an executive rental?
On sabbatical and looking for a family-friendly home to use as your base while researching at Ottawa museums, libraries, National Archives, or teaching at the University of Ottawa or Carleton University or other institution?
Want to stay close to the Canadian Tire Centre for a concert or hockey game or other major Ottawa event?
Need a short-term or longer stay for your family while you explore Ottawa, Gatineau and surrounding regions?
Attending a wedding, family reunion, funeral, or other event and need somewhere to say near Kanata, Stittsville, Carp, Richmond, Nepean, and Ottawa that is reasonably priced, fully-furnished and spacious enough to house at least 6 people?
As a corporate high-tech executive visiting the Kanata-Stittsville area, are you looking for a quiet family neighbourhood to live in, with or without your family, with shopping and other amenities nearby and a short-drive to your high-tech company destination?